Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1795: The Staircase Group
- 1991: Confound these Wretched Rodents!
- 1967: Alice in Wonderland
- 1975: Fred Hampton's Door
- 1908: Work or Riot
- 1737: An Allegory of Justice Combating Injustice
- 1862: Till Hell Freezes Over
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1725: Music Library
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Painting
The following entry appears in Charles Carroll Bombaugh’s Gleanings from the Harvest Fields of Literature: A Melange of Excerpta, Curious, Humorous, and Instructive (1867): THE MOST CURIOUS BOOK IN THE WORLD The most singular bibliographic curiosity is that which belonged … Continue reading
A Composite Ox with a Demon Groom (Oudh, India, ca. 1810-30) (source)
Eye portrait brooches from early 19th century England. All at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Charles Warren Eaton: Moon over the Forest (c 1895)
Peder Mørk Mønsted: A Summer River Landscape (1894)
Levi Wells Prentice: Untitled [Night Scene, Smith’s Lake]; I guessed at the date.
Rim Lee: New City (2018); from a series.
Maruja Mallo: La Verbena [The Festival] (1927)
Jonas Lie: Afterglow (1913)
William Nicholson: View of the South Downs (1912)