Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 12th Century: The Unknown Language
- 2020: City
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1930: Work Must Not Cease
- 1776: The Resurrection of the Universal Friend
- 1927: East River
- 1970: Wet Paint
- 1933: Who You Gonna Believe—Me or Your Own Eyes?
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1880’s
P. S. Krøyer: The Iron Foundry, Burmeister and Wain (1885)
Henri-Joseph Harpignies: Moonrise (1885)
William Trost Richards: Quiet Seascape (1883)
Alfred Thompson Bricher: Afternoon, Southampton Beach; I made up the date.
F. K. M. Rehn: Beach of Bass Rocks, Gloucester, Massachusetts (1881)
George Inness: Autumn Landscape with Cattle; I made up the date.
Grafton Tyler Brown: Long Lake, B.C. (1883) Born to African-American parents who had left the slave state of Maryland for the free state of Pennsylvania in 1837, Grafton Tyler Brown set off for Sacramento at the age of 17 and … Continue reading
Johan Krouthén: The Skaw Spit, Skagen (1883)
Kitty Kielland: Summer Night (1886)