Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1966: A Riot is the Language of the Unheard
- 1910: James A. Saunders
- 1941: FDR and Captain America's Shield
- 1933: Dreams of the Third Reich
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 1913: Whitlock's Folly
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1964: Satyrs MC
- 1979: Who's the Commanding Officer Here?
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1910’s
Stanhope Forbes: The Munitions Girls (1918)
Capitalist Henry Clay Madison is unmoved by the specter of a child laborer in John H. Collins’s Children of Eve (1915).
Illustrations from a 1919 photoplay edition of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (source). The photos are stills from the 1915 silent film adaptation of the books, which starred Viola Savoy as Alice.
Jonas Lie: Afterglow (1913)
William Nicholson: View of the South Downs (1912)
Charles Allen Winter: Allegory of Victory over Struggle; I made up the date.
Jan Mankes: Jonge kraai (1918)