Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1649: Descartes's Wooden Daughter
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1585: A Young Daughter of the Picts
- 1964: World's Largest Miniature City
- 1617: Atalanta Fugiens
- 1820: Vishnu as Vishvarupa
- 1927: Divine Law
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1845: Frederick Douglass Visits Ireland
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1910’s
Stanhope Forbes: The Munitions Girls (1918)
Capitalist Henry Clay Madison is unmoved by the specter of a child laborer in John H. Collins’s Children of Eve (1915).
Illustrations from a 1919 photoplay edition of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (source). The photos are stills from the 1915 silent film adaptation of the books, which starred Viola Savoy as Alice.
Jonas Lie: Afterglow (1913)
William Nicholson: View of the South Downs (1912)
Charles Allen Winter: Allegory of Victory over Struggle; I made up the date.
Jan Mankes: Jonge kraai (1918)
Birge Harrison: Fifth Avenue at Twilight (ca. 1910)
Sydney Long: Flamingos (1917)
Jan Mankes: Woudster Road near Oranjewoud (1912)