Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1946: Fight That Man!
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 3rd Century AD: A Slave Rebellion on Chios
- 1946: First They Came
- 1958: Indrani Rahman and a Douglas DC-6
- 1956: I'm Putting My Queer Shoulder to the Wheel
- 1820: Vishnu as Vishvarupa
- 1957: The Creation of the Birds
- 331 BC: Jars
- 1991: The Life of the Mind
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Seascapes
J. M. W. Turner: Snow Storm: Steam-Boat off a Harbour’s Mouth (c 1842)
Frank Wilbert Stokes: The Phantom Ship, Atlantic Ocean (ca. 1903)
Martin Johnson Heade: Approaching Storm: Beach near Newport (c 1861–62)
William Trost Richards: Beach at Long Branch: Sunrise (1872)
A seascape by mid-20th-century French artist Edouard Mandon; title and date unknown. I haven’t been able to find out much about him.
Frederick Judd Waugh: The Risen Moon (1926)
Frederick Judd Waugh: A Dawn Flight; I guessed at the date.