Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2020: City
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 1776: The Resurrection of the Universal Friend
- 1494: The Poisoning of Pico della Mirandola
- 1797: Reading a Book
- 1933: Who You Gonna Believe—Me or Your Own Eyes?
- 2013: Disco Buddha
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1920: Helen Keller Holding a Magnolia
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Seascapes
J. M. W. Turner: Snow Storm: Steam-Boat off a Harbour’s Mouth (c 1842)
Frank Wilbert Stokes: The Phantom Ship, Atlantic Ocean (ca. 1903)
Martin Johnson Heade: Approaching Storm: Beach near Newport (c 1861–62)
William Trost Richards: Beach at Long Branch: Sunrise (1872)
A seascape by mid-20th-century French artist Edouard Mandon; title and date unknown. I haven’t been able to find out much about him.
Frederick Judd Waugh: The Risen Moon (1926)
Frederick Judd Waugh: A Dawn Flight; I guessed at the date.
Max Jensen: Seagulls over the Waves; I made up the date.
Charles Ernest Butler: Sunset at Low Tide, Westcliff on Sea (1932)