Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1946: Fight That Man!
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 3rd Century AD: A Slave Rebellion on Chios
- 1946: First They Came
- 1958: Indrani Rahman and a Douglas DC-6
- 1956: I'm Putting My Queer Shoulder to the Wheel
- 1820: Vishnu as Vishvarupa
- 1957: The Creation of the Birds
- 331 BC: Jars
- 1991: The Life of the Mind
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1920’s
Theodore Earl Butler: Autumn Plum Tree in the Artists’ Garden, Giverny, 1923
Stanislaw Witkiewicz: General Confusion (1920)
Konstantin Bogaevsky: Landscape with Lake (1922)
Frederick Judd Waugh: The Risen Moon (1926)
Frederick Judd Waugh: A Dawn Flight; I guessed at the date.
On May 20, 1927, James Joyce wrote to Harriet Shaw Weaver about what should happen if he were unable to complete Finnegans Wake. Another writer, Joyce said, should take it up and finish it; he had the person in mind: … Continue reading
Rose O’Neill: Man and Earth (1921)—from a series entitled Sweet Monsters.