Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1958: Rothko / Television
- 5th Century BC: Hermes Kriophoros
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 1913: Then from the Darkness there Came Another Sound
- 32,000 ya: Panel of the Lions
- 100 AD: Leucippus
- 1927: A Dawn Flight
- 2006: WHEN I AM WITH PEOPLE I AM BOTHERED BY HEARING VERY QUEER THINGS
- 1505: The Dog Hidden Under the Hidden Unicorn
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1920’s
Konstantin Bogaevsky: Landscape with Lake (1922)
Frederick Judd Waugh: The Risen Moon (1926)
Frederick Judd Waugh: A Dawn Flight; I guessed at the date.
On May 20, 1927, James Joyce wrote to Harriet Shaw Weaver about what should happen if he were unable to complete Finnegans Wake. Another writer, Joyce said, should take it up and finish it; he had the person in mind: … Continue reading
Rose O’Neill: Man and Earth (1921)—from a series entitled Sweet Monsters.
An illustration for Nathanial Hawthorne’s Tanglewood Tales by Virginia Frances Sterrett (1921). Found on Public Domain Review.
Christopher Richard Wynne Nevinson: From a Paris Plane (1929)