Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 12th Century: The Unknown Language
- 2020: City
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1930: Work Must Not Cease
- 1776: The Resurrection of the Universal Friend
- 1927: East River
- 1970: Wet Paint
- 1933: Who You Gonna Believe—Me or Your Own Eyes?
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Castles
Diamantový zámek visí nad červeným mořem… (O zlatých zámcích.) Illustration by Artuš Scheiner for a collection of Fairy Tales by Božena Němcová (1924). The first line of the caption means “the diamond palace hung over the red sea,” and I … Continue reading
The city of Richmond, California is named after the city of Richmond, Virginia, which is named after the English town of Richmond near London, which was named for Richmond Palace, which Henry VII named after his ancestral home in Richmond, … Continue reading
William Trost Richards: Tintagel (1881)
Alfred G. Buckham: Aerial view of Edinburgh (c. 1920)
Pierre Roy: L’été de la Saint-Michel (Nature morte) [Summer in Saint-Michel (still life)] (1932)
The castle, Hohenzollern, Germany; photochrom print published between ca. 1890 and ca. 1900 by the Detroit Publishing Co. (source)