Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1958: Rothko / Television
- 5th Century BC: Hermes Kriophoros
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 1913: Then from the Darkness there Came Another Sound
- 32,000 ya: Panel of the Lions
- 100 AD: Leucippus
- 1927: A Dawn Flight
- 2006: WHEN I AM WITH PEOPLE I AM BOTHERED BY HEARING VERY QUEER THINGS
- 1505: The Dog Hidden Under the Hidden Unicorn
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 1950’s
A seascape by mid-20th-century French artist Edouard Mandon; title and date unknown. I haven’t been able to find out much about him.
As for his feet, sometimes he wore on each a sock, or on the one a sock and on the other a stocking, or a boot, or a shoe, or a slipper, or a sock and a boot, or a … Continue reading
Walter Tandy Murch: Carburetor (1957)
Charles White: Work (1953)
Endpaper maps from William T. Innes’s Exotic Aquarium Fishes (13th ed., 1951), with a grid the reader can use to find the location of the various fishes listed in the book.
From Alain Robbe-Grillet’s 1957 novel, Jealousy: Now the shadow of the southwest column– at the corner of the veranda on the bedroom side– falls across the garden. The sun, still low in the eastern sky, rakes the valley from the … Continue reading
Patrick von Kalckreuth: Seascape at Sunset (c. 1950)