Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 571 other followers
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1876: The Bowsprit Got Mixed with the Rudder Sometimes.
- 1737: The One Was Dress'd as a Man
- 1927: Festival
- 2001: Anatomy of a Centaur
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1665: Pyrophylaciorum
- 1789: The Bastilles Made from the Bastille
- 1690: Dance of the Rats
- 1494: The Poisoning of Pico della Mirandola
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Collages by jazz great Louis Armstrong, mostly done on reel-to-reel tape boxes. Dates on the newspapers used range from 1959 to 1971, the year of his death. … Continue reading
In 1942, in an effort to avoid strikes in war-related industries, Franklin Roosevelt reinstated the War Labor Board and directed it to oversee and arbitrate negotiations between unions and employers. Most unions had also agreed not to strike during the … Continue reading
Captain America recieving his trademark circular shield from FDR in June, 1941. From Captain America #255 (March, 1981) (Roger Stern, writer; John Byrne, artist). The shield’s history developed slowly. Originally, in Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941), Cap carried … Continue reading