Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 571 other followers
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1876: The Bowsprit Got Mixed with the Rudder Sometimes.
- 1737: The One Was Dress'd as a Man
- 1927: Festival
- 2001: Anatomy of a Centaur
- 1910: Portrait of a Woman
- 1920: Helen Keller Holding a Magnolia
- 1961: The Disaster of Everyday Life
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1665: Pyrophylaciorum
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Israel
A performance of Karel Capek’s R.U.R. at the Haohel Theater, Tel Aviv in 1930. The play opens in Rossum’s Universal Robots (thus the title), a factory which manufactures artificial humanoids designed to be perfect obedient workers. At first, the robots … Continue reading
In his book Alice in Many Tongues (1964), Warren Weaver spends the last chapter using a curious method to evaluate various translations of Alice in Wonderland. He takes the same passage from each translation—a portion of the Mad Tea-Party—and asks … Continue reading
Efrat Natan: Head Sculpture (1973)
Title page of a volume from a multi-volume Talmud set published in Vienna in 1793 by Yozef Hroshontsḳi and recovered from the flooded basement of the Mukhabarat, Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters, in 2003. Tens of thousands of Jewish documents were … Continue reading