Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1605: Not the Author of Don Quixote
- 206 BC: The Jade Suit of Liu Sheng
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 6th Century: St. Brendan's Isle
- 1970: Knots
- 1617: Atalanta Fugiens
- 1950: Mirrors Are the Doors through which Death Comes and Goes
- 5th Century BC: Rhyton
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1989: Inferno Joe
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Hungary
In his book Alice in Many Tongues (1964), Warren Weaver spends the last chapter using a curious method to evaluate various translations of Alice in Wonderland. He takes the same passage from each translation—a portion of the Mad Tea-Party—and asks … Continue reading
József Rippl-Rónai: Un parc la nuit (1895)
Levente Baranyai: Tokyo Diptych (2011)
László Mednyánszky, Slushy Road, Autumn Field at Twilight (1890s)
Mihály Bíró: brochure for the National Union of Hungarian Construction Workers (c. 1910); text in Romanian.
László Moholy-Nagy: Ch for R1 Space Modulator (1942)