Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1945: The Book of Alfred Kantor
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1883: Umbrella
- 1930: Work Must Not Cease
- 1933: Dreams of the Third Reich
- 17th Century: The Favorite Sounds of Finn
- 1991: Confound these Wretched Rodents!
- 1989: Inferno Joe
- 1914: Honour Has Come Back, as a King, to Earth
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Cityscapes
Evelyn Hofer: Dublin Sky (1966); from Dublin: A Portrait (1967).
Jonas Lie: Afterglow (1913)
Georgia O’Keeffe: East River from the Shelton (East River No. 1) (c. 1927-28)
Birge Harrison: Fifth Avenue at Twilight (ca. 1910)
From a series by photographer Adam Sings in the Timber: I am currently working on a broader project making a series of portraits of Native Women wearing traditional regalia in metropolitan settings, in order to illustrate that wherever a person … Continue reading
Fan Ho: Surreal Sai Wan (c 1950-1960)
Thomas Bayrle: The City (1976) [detail]; here is the whole thing:
Yvonne Jacquette: A Glimpse of Lower Manhattan (Night) (1986)
Levente Baranyai: Tokyo Diptych (2011)
Army Air Forces photo of Martin Bombers Flying over New York City; the photo is undated, but the biplane silhouettes suggest a date in the 1920’s. (source)