Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 12th Century: The Unknown Language
- 2020: City
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1930: Work Must Not Cease
- 1776: The Resurrection of the Universal Friend
- 1927: East River
- 1970: Wet Paint
- 1933: Who You Gonna Believe—Me or Your Own Eyes?
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Trains
The distinction between “disaster” and “normal” conditions is implicit in most treatments of disaster behavior. The everyday, ongoing life of the society is usually equated with the “normal,” and those conditions that result from disaster are viewed as “abnormal” and … Continue reading
Fan Ho: Surreal Sai Wan (c 1950-1960)
Lionel Walden: Cardiff Docks (1896)
Map, frontispiece, and cover of the Royal State Railways’s Guide to Bangkok with Notes on Siam (1928); the frontispiece shows Wat Arun at night.
Lionel Walden: Steelworks, Cardiff, at Night (1897)
Hayao Miyazaki, director: Spirited Away (2001)
Jakub Schikaneder: Streetcar in Prague (c. 1910)
Herbert William Garratt: View of York Station (c. 1909)
Herbert William Garratt: View through the Front Window of a Steam Locomotive (c. 1909)