Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1966: A Riot is the Language of the Unheard
- 1910: James A. Saunders
- 1991: The Life of the Mind
- 1933: Dreams of the Third Reich
- 1941: FDR and Captain America's Shield
- 1913: Whitlock's Folly
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1494: The Poisoning of Pico della Mirandola
- 1904: Discarded Treasures
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Painting
Frank William Brangwyn: The Swans (1921)
Lyonel Feininger: Calm at Sea II (1927)
The following entry appears in Charles Carroll Bombaugh’s Gleanings from the Harvest Fields of Literature: A Melange of Excerpta, Curious, Humorous, and Instructive (1867): THE MOST CURIOUS BOOK IN THE WORLD The most singular bibliographic curiosity is that which belonged … Continue reading
A Composite Ox with a Demon Groom (Oudh, India, ca. 1810-30) (source)
Eye portrait brooches from early 19th century England. All at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Charles Warren Eaton: Moon over the Forest (c 1895)
Peder Mørk Mønsted: A Summer River Landscape (1894)