Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 575 other subscribers
Recent Top Posts
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1899: O ye whales and all that move on the waters bless ye the Lord
- 1915: Impermanence
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1913: Christmas Massacre
- 1908: Work or Riot
- 1908: Dream of New York
- 1925: The Sleeping Factory
- 2020: City
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: George Harley Drummnd
1808: Portrait of a Horse’s Ass
Henry Raeburn: Portrait of George Harley Drummond (ca. 1808–9); “It is curious…that the animal’s hindquarters should be so prominently displayed” says the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged 19th Century, Animals, Art, George Harley Drummnd, Great Britain, Henry Raeburn, Horses, Mammals, Painting, Portraits, Scotland 1 Comment