Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1938: Death Loop
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1920: Thomas Shields Clarke Leaves his Autochromes
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1845: Frederick Douglass Visits Ireland
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 5650: The Last Day of Manhattan
- 2014: A Moroccan Man (1913)
- 1863: Donkey
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Nature
From a letter written by James Howell, 17 March 1639: Having got into a close field, I cast my face upward, and…began to contemplate as I was in this posture the vast magnitude of the universe and what proportion this … Continue reading
Binn sin, a luin Doire an Chairn! ní chuala mé i n-aird san bhith ceól ba binne ná do cheól agus tú fá bhun do nid. Aoincheól is binne fán mbith,— mairg nách éisteann ris go fóil, a mhic Arphluinn … Continue reading
Frederic Edwin Church: Niagara (1857)
Detroit Publishing Company: La Grotta Azzurra [The Blue Grotto], Capri, photochrome print from “Views of Architecture and Other Sites in Italy” (1905) (source)
US Dept of Interior: “A mama moose & her calf in the early morning fog at Seedskadee Wildlife Refuge in Wyoming” (source)
Plates from Ernst Haeckel’s Kunstformen der Natur (1904): See more here.