Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1969: The Color of Pomegranates
- 3rd Century AD: A Slave Rebellion on Chios
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 1930: Work Must Not Cease
- 2020: City
- 1550: Le Petit Lorrain
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1605: Not the Author of Don Quixote
- 1862: Till Hell Freezes Over
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 20th Century
Stanhope Forbes: The Munitions Girls (1918)
Constantin Meunier: Mine Triptych (Descent, Calvary, Ascent) (c. 1900)
Jack Kirby: page from A “King” Kirby Portfolio (1971)
The 1967 report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders opens with a now-famous conclusion: “Our nation is moving toward two societies, one black, one white–separate and unequal.” The closing of the report is less well known: One of … Continue reading
Evelyn Hofer: Dublin Sky (1966); from Dublin: A Portrait (1967).
Kay Sage: South to Southwesterly Winds Tomorrow (1957)
Leonora Carrington: And Then We Saw the Daughter of the Minotaur (1953)
A Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro during its certification flight over New York City, 1930
Capitalist Henry Clay Madison is unmoved by the specter of a child laborer in John H. Collins’s Children of Eve (1915).