Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 571 other followers
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1876: The Bowsprit Got Mixed with the Rudder Sometimes.
- 1737: The One Was Dress'd as a Man
- 1927: Festival
- 2001: Anatomy of a Centaur
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1665: Pyrophylaciorum
- 1789: The Bastilles Made from the Bastille
- 1690: Dance of the Rats
- 1494: The Poisoning of Pico della Mirandola
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Japan
Totoya Hokkei: 「三ひらの内」日輪に烏 [Three Crows against the Rising Sun] (mid 1810’s)
Model of the atomic bomb impact on Hiroshima at the Peace Memorial Museum there.
Seiko: Crow on Willow Branch (1900s – 1910s) (source)
Uehara Konen: Hatō zu 2 [Wave 2] (1910)
Hayao Miyazaki, director: Spirited Away (2001)
Screen by an anonymous artist; Japan, c. 1625-50.
Nagasone Tojiro Mitsumasa: Helmet in the form of a sea conch shell (1618) (source)
Ogata Kōrin: 紙本金地著色紅白梅図 – Red and White Plum Blossoms (c. 1715)
Shonen Magazine, 1970 (source)
Kobayashi Kiyochika: Rainy Moon at Gohonmatsu (1880)