Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 15th Century: The Ideal City
- 1965: The Girl Who Took Care of the Turkeys
- 11th Century: Map of the World
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1899: Rocky Surf
- 1989: Inferno Joe
- 12th Century: The Unknown Language
- 1936: Gold Were His Limbs where He Was Bird
- 1495: Weighing Souls
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Fish
A Composite Ox with a Demon Groom (Oudh, India, ca. 1810-30) (source)
Selections from Thomas Lupton’s book A Thousand Notable Things on Various Subjects: Disclosed from the Secrets of Nature and Art, Practicable, Profitable, and of Great Advantage: Set Down from Long and Curious Study and Experience (1655): The Soles of the … Continue reading
Amy Nimr: Untitled (1936)
Endpaper maps from William T. Innes’s Exotic Aquarium Fishes (13th ed., 1951), with a grid the reader can use to find the location of the various fishes listed in the book.
Hans Thoma: Frühling auf dem Gebirgssee [Spring on a Mountain Lake] (1898)