Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1910: James A. Saunders
- 1919: At the Back of the North Wind
- 1950: Mirrors Are the Doors through which Death Comes and Goes
- 1965: The Girl Who Took Care of the Turkeys
- 2020: City
- 1947: Showroom
- 1889: Artist-in-Residence
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 1953: And Then We Saw the Daughter of the Minotaur
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Fish
A Composite Ox with a Demon Groom (Oudh, India, ca. 1810-30) (source)
Selections from Thomas Lupton’s book A Thousand Notable Things on Various Subjects: Disclosed from the Secrets of Nature and Art, Practicable, Profitable, and of Great Advantage: Set Down from Long and Curious Study and Experience (1655): The Soles of the … Continue reading
Amy Nimr: Untitled (1936)
Endpaper maps from William T. Innes’s Exotic Aquarium Fishes (13th ed., 1951), with a grid the reader can use to find the location of the various fishes listed in the book.
Hans Thoma: Frühling auf dem Gebirgssee [Spring on a Mountain Lake] (1898)