Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1979: Eric Lanzetti Tells You What a Communist Is
- 1653: She Cursed and Swore like a Musketeer
- 1950: Atom Bomb Hits New York City
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 2001: 300 Love Letters
- 1978: The Far Side of the Moon
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1862: Cotopaxi Erupts
- 1970: Wet Paint
- 1573: A Hundred Sundry Flowers
- Great Britain
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 4th Century
According to tradition, a swarm of bees settled on the face of the infant St. Ambrose, leaving a drop of honey and thus foretelling the saint’s eloquence—his honeyed tongue. He is the patron saint of bees and beekeepers. A certain … Continue reading
αγε νυν οι πλουϲιοι κλαυϲατε ολολυ ζοντεϲ επι ταιϲ ταλαιπωριεϲ υμω ταιϲ επερχομε ναιϲ ϋμιν ο πλου τοϲ ϋμων ϲεϲη πεν και τα ϊματι α ϋ μων ϲητοβρω τα γεγονεν · ο χρυϲοϲ ϋ μων και ο αργυροϲ κατϊωται και … Continue reading
Head of Apollo of the Anzio type; Roman copy of a 4th century Greek original.