Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 15th Century: The Ideal City
- 1965: The Girl Who Took Care of the Turkeys
- 11th Century: Map of the World
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1899: Rocky Surf
- 1989: Inferno Joe
- 12th Century: The Unknown Language
- 1936: Gold Were His Limbs where He Was Bird
- 1495: Weighing Souls
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 4th Century
In that valley which encompasses the city on the north side there is a certain place called Baaras, which produces a root of the same name with itself; its color is like to that of flame, and towards the evenings … Continue reading
According to tradition, a swarm of bees settled on the face of the infant St. Ambrose, leaving a drop of honey and thus foretelling the saint’s eloquence—his honeyed tongue. He is the patron saint of bees and beekeepers. A certain … Continue reading
αγε νυν οι πλουϲιοι κλαυϲατε ολολυ ζοντεϲ επι ταιϲ ταλαιπωριεϲ υμω ταιϲ επερχομε ναιϲ ϋμιν ο πλου τοϲ ϋμων ϲεϲη πεν και τα ϊματι α ϋ μων ϲητοβρω τα γεγονεν · ο χρυϲοϲ ϋ μων και ο αργυροϲ κατϊωται και … Continue reading
Head of Apollo of the Anzio type; Roman copy of a 4th century Greek original.