Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1938: Death Loop
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1920: Thomas Shields Clarke Leaves his Autochromes
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1845: Frederick Douglass Visits Ireland
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 5650: The Last Day of Manhattan
- 2014: A Moroccan Man (1913)
- 1863: Donkey
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 13th Century
F. Holland Day – Saint Sebastian (1906) Although the traditional iconography shows Saint Sebastian pierced by arrows, this is not actually how he dies and becomes a martyr. The 13th century Legenda aurea, a collection of hagiographies by Jacobus de … Continue reading
Zhao Mengfu: Autumn Colours on the Qiao and Hua Mountains (1296)
Illumination from the Libro de los Juegos, a compendium of games commissioned by King Alfonso X of Castile, Galicia and León in 1283.
OF THE MOST HOLY MIRACLE OF ST FRANCIS IN TAMING THE FIERCE WOLF OF GUBBIO At the time when St Francis was living in the city of Gubbio, a large wolf appeared in the neighbourhood, so terrible and so fierce, … Continue reading