Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1910: James A. Saunders
- 1919: At the Back of the North Wind
- 1950: Mirrors Are the Doors through which Death Comes and Goes
- 1965: The Girl Who Took Care of the Turkeys
- 2020: City
- 1947: Showroom
- 1889: Artist-in-Residence
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 1953: And Then We Saw the Daughter of the Minotaur
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 13th Century
F. Holland Day – Saint Sebastian (1906) Although the traditional iconography shows Saint Sebastian pierced by arrows, this is not actually how he dies and becomes a martyr. The 13th century Legenda aurea, a collection of hagiographies by Jacobus de … Continue reading
Zhao Mengfu: Autumn Colours on the Qiao and Hua Mountains (1296)
Illumination from the Libro de los Juegos, a compendium of games commissioned by King Alfonso X of Castile, Galicia and León in 1283.
OF THE MOST HOLY MIRACLE OF ST FRANCIS IN TAMING THE FIERCE WOLF OF GUBBIO At the time when St Francis was living in the city of Gubbio, a large wolf appeared in the neighbourhood, so terrible and so fierce, … Continue reading