Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 572 other followers
Recent Top Posts
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1915: Impermanence
- 1649: Descartes's Wooden Daughter
- 1991: The Life of the Mind
- 1390: And the Books Were Opened
- 1961: A Song Bob Dylan Never Wrote
- 1875: Modern Cyclopes
- 1945: The Book of Alfred Kantor
- 206 BC: The Jade Suit of Liu Sheng
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Engineering
This giant Underwood typewriter was on display in the Business Systems and Insurance Building at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. It weighed 14 tons and worked—letters could be typed on stationery measuring 9 by 12 feet.
A few miles northwest of Tunis, with its sidewalk cafés and streets lined by rows of manicured ficus trees and its avenues named after European cities, there is a poor suburb of eighty thousand people called Douar Hicher….In November, I … Continue reading