Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1605: Not the Author of Don Quixote
- 2020: City
- 1927: Divine Law
- 1950: Mirrors Are the Doors through which Death Comes and Goes
- 1776: The Resurrection of the Universal Friend
- 1896: Beach
- 1976: Kids and Comics
- 1750 BC: Let Man Bear the Load of the Gods!
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Balloons
Antonio Carnicero: Ascent of a Montgolfier Balloon in Aranjuez (1784)
Harry Grant Dart: Cover illustration for the magazine The All-Story, October 1908
On June 4, 1784, at the age of 19, a French opera singer named Élisabeth Thible became the first woman aeronaut in history by ascending in a hot air balloon in Lyon. A painter named M. Fleuranthad had been scheduled … Continue reading
“Lunar halo and luminescent cross observed during the balloon Zénith’s long distance flight from Paris to Arcachon in March, 1875.” drawn between 1875 and 1880, possibly by Albert Tissandier (source)