Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 571 other followers
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1876: The Bowsprit Got Mixed with the Rudder Sometimes.
- 1737: The One Was Dress'd as a Man
- 1927: Festival
- 2001: Anatomy of a Centaur
- 1910: Portrait of a Woman
- 1920: Helen Keller Holding a Magnolia
- 1961: The Disaster of Everyday Life
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1665: Pyrophylaciorum
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Ants
Up to hundreds of weaver ants…line up side by side in militarily precise rows. They grip the edge of one leaf with the claws and pads of their hindlegs and the edge of the other with their jaws and … Continue reading
The opening of Walter Abish’s 1974 novel, Alphabetical Africa: Ages ago, Alex, Allen and Alva arrived at Antibes, and Alva allowing all, allowing anyone, against Alex’s admonition, against Allen’s angry assertion: another African amusement . . . anyhow, as all … Continue reading
From William Gould’s An Account of English Ants (1747): In whatever Apartment a Queen Ant condescends to be present, she commands Obedience and Respect and universal Gladness spreads itself through the whole Cell, which is expressed by particular Acts of … Continue reading