Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Join 575 other subscribers
Recent Top Posts
- 1862: That Time Abraham Lincoln Levitated on a Piano
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1899: O ye whales and all that move on the waters bless ye the Lord
- 1915: Impermanence
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1913: Christmas Massacre
- 1908: Work or Riot
- 1908: Dream of New York
- 1925: The Sleeping Factory
- 2020: City
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: 18th Century BC
1750 BC: Let Man Bear the Load of the Gods!
In one of the oldest surviving creation myths, humankind originates from a labor action. The story, told in the Babylonian Atrahasis Epic, goes like this: long before humankind, only gods exist, with some more powerful than others. These greater gods—the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged 18th Century BC, Iran, Iraq, Labor, Mythology, Poetry, Strikes Leave a comment