Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1605: Not the Author of Don Quixote
- 206 BC: The Jade Suit of Liu Sheng
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1970: Knots
- 5th Century BC: Rhyton
- 6th Century: St. Brendan's Isle
- 1950: Mirrors Are the Doors through which Death Comes and Goes
- 1617: Atalanta Fugiens
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1989: Inferno Joe
- Great Britain
- Native Americans
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: The Ocean
Max Jensen: Seagulls over the Waves; I made up the date.
Thomas Alexander Harrison: Twilight on the Shore; I made up the date. Harrison was the inspiration for the character Elstir in Proust’s Remembrance of Things Past.
William Trost Richards: Sunset at Cape Ann, Massachusetts (1902)
William Trost Richards: Sunlit Waves (1903)
Alfred Thompson Bricher: Breaking Waves (c. 1882)
Max Klinger: By the Sea – Plate II from Intermezzos, Opus IV (1881) (source)
Gerhard Richter: Sea (1972)
Tanapol Kaewpring: Untitled (2010)
Sam Yeats: Adrift (2016)
John Everett: Seascape from the “Penaglis M. Hadoulis” (1931-32)