Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 1956: The Hound of Heaven
- 1900: The Princess Picking Lice from the Troll
- 2020: City
- 1585: A Young Daughter of the Picts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1909: Heptu Bidding Farewell to the City of Obb
- 2017: Walt Whitman's House
- 1737: An Allegory of Justice Combating Injustice
- 1969: The Color of Pomegranates
- 1976: Bel Air
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Digital Art
Su Jian: Untitled (2017); artist’s website is here.
He was Walt. He owned a Jaguar XXB sports ship with a flat-out velocity of fifteen thousand miles an hour. His shirts came from Italy and his shoes were made in England. As he opened his eyes he looked for … Continue reading
Florian Maier-Aichen: Untitled (Seascape with Monument) (2003)
I made these about a year ago. Let me know if you like them.
Although Benjamin Franklin likely composed his essay “The Morals of Chess” as early as 1732, it was first published in 1786, during the height of interest surrounding Wolfgang von Kempelen’s mechanical chess-playing Turk; Franklin himself had lost to the machine … Continue reading
Taha Alkan: David’s Bow (2012) (source)