Welcome to corvusfugit.com!Corvus fugit means "the crow flies."
Recent Top Posts
- 2.2 mya: Matsya and the Asura Hayagriva
- 1938: Death Loop
- 1944: The Removal of Sewell Avery
- 1920: Thomas Shields Clarke Leaves his Autochromes
- 1883: Educate! Agitate! Organize!
- 1845: Frederick Douglass Visits Ireland
- 5th Century BC: Zeus Ammon
- 5650: The Last Day of Manhattan
- 2014: A Moroccan Man (1913)
- 1863: Donkey
- Great Britain
- New York City
- Science Fiction
- Ships & Sailing
- The Sky
Tag Archives: Digital Art
Su Jian: Untitled (2017); artist’s website is here.
He was Walt. He owned a Jaguar XXB sports ship with a flat-out velocity of fifteen thousand miles an hour. His shirts came from Italy and his shoes were made in England. As he opened his eyes he looked for … Continue reading
Florian Maier-Aichen: Untitled (Seascape with Monument) (2003)
I made these about a year ago. Let me know if you like them.
Although Benjamin Franklin likely composed his essay “The Morals of Chess” as early as 1732, it was first published in 1786, during the height of interest surrounding Wolfgang von Kempelen’s mechanical chess-playing Turk; Franklin himself had lost to the machine … Continue reading
Taha Alkan: David’s Bow (2012) (source)
Edvard Munch: Red-Haired Girl with White Rat (1886)
John Atkinson Grimshaw: Battersea Bridge (1885)
Rodrigo Galdino: Maasai Cyborg (2015) (source)